Frequently Asked Questions
8. I just want to attend one session. Is that possible to do without registering for the conference?
19. What kind of seating will be available at events for those with mobility needs, or who are unable to stand for long periods of time?
1. When is Shifting the Lens? Where is it being hosted?Shifting the Lens will be held from Sunday, March 10th to Tuesday, March 12th. It is being hosted in Los Angeles, California at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel.
2. How can I reserve a hotel room, and what are the rates?You can reserve a room at the hotel by going to their website or calling their reservation line at 800-325-3535. The Partnership has secured a block of rooms for $120 plus tax per night. This rate will be available until Friday, February 15th or they sell out.
3. Do you have to be a Partnership member to attend?No, you do not have to be a member of the Partnership to attend the conferece, but members do receive discounted registration rates and are eligible for travel assistance funds.
4. How do I become a member of the Partnership?Please visit our website for more information on becoming a member of the Partnership.
5. How much does registration cost?Registration rates are: Early Bird (Until 1/31): Members $275 Non-members $325 Regular (2/1-3/1): Members $400 Non-members $450
6. What meals are included with conference registration?Hosted meals include light bites and hors d’ouerves at the Sunday night welcoming reception, and a buffet lunch on Monday and Tuesday.
7. I only want to attend one day of the conference, is that possible?We do not offer one-day registrations.
8. I just want to attend one session. Is that possible to do without registering for the conference?We do not offer single-session registrations.
9. Do I have to pre-register for workshops?There is no need to pre-register for workshops. Our host hotel is able to fit more than 100 attendees per breakout session, allowing attendees the flexibility to choose their workshops at any time.
10. Is there funding available to help with travel/registration costs?Partnership members can apply for travel assistance here. Non-members are not eligible for travel assistance.
11. When does registration close?Registration closes on Friday, March 1st .
12. What type of payment do you accept?Conference registration can be paid by credit card or check.
13. How do I get a receipt for my registration?You will automatically receive an invoice/receipt for your registration upon submission. If you do not see this in your inbox, please check your spam filters.
14. What is the cancellation & refund policy?You may cancel your registration until 3/1 for a full refund minus a $50 processing fee. All refunds will be processed 1-2 weeks after the Conference, and refunds will be issued to their original payment method. After 3/1, any cancellations are non-refundable. To cancel your registration, please email email@example.com.
15. Can I transfer my registration to someone else?You may transfer your registration until 3/1. To transfer your registration, please send the new registrant’s name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Can I volunteer to help at the conference?We do not currently have volunteer opportunities available, but if you are interested in volunteering please email email@example.com to be put on an interest list in case opportunities arise.
17. What kinds of accessibility arrangements are available?The Partnership will provide support services, including interpretation, upon request. Please request accessibility services or accommodations for people who experience disabilities at the time of registration and/or four weeks in advance to maximize our efforts. For questions, or to request accommodations, please contact our Conference planner, Christina Nicosia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-444-7163 xt. 119
18. Will there be areas for privacy at the conference venue? (e.g. lactation, quiet, etc.)There will be a space designated for lactation, as well as a hospitality suite, at the conference. This year’s conference location also offers a large amount of space away from conference activity for attendees to relax and retreat.
19. What kind of seating will be available at events for those with mobility needs, or who are unable to stand for long periods of time?All keynote and breakout sessions will have sufficient seating for attendees. Each room will have front row seating reserved for those with accessible seating needs.
20. What shuttle services and transportation is available?The Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles offers a free airport shuttle 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ride share and taxi services are also available and range from $10-$20 each way.
21. Will internet access be available?All guests of the hotel will receive free internet access in guestrooms, lobby and other public spaces. We cannot guarantee that internet access will be available in the meeting spaces, where the conference will take place.
22. Will attendees have access to gender-neutral restrooms?Yes, gender-neutral restrooms will be available to attendees.
23. Will I receive a certificate of attendance?We do not provide certificates of attendance.
24. Do you offer continuing education credits?We do not offer continuing education credits.
25. How can my organization become a conference sponsor?For information on sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com
26. Can I advertise in the conference program?For information on advertising opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
27. Can I receive a list of participants in advance of the conference?A list of attendees will be published on the conference website, and will be updated weekly on Fridays.
28. My question is not listed here. Whom do I contact?General Inquiries: email@example.com
Registration & Payment Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship Information: email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org